Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Organise youre own funeral?

Death is a passing. Considering death as a graduation from this life, for me it will be a celebration. Just one or two nights wake. I prefer my coffin sealed. A photo gallery will be set up showcasing my photos from birth to the last pics taken of me. A video wall will also be showing more photos; the tv shows, stageplays, videos and movies I'd been in; and, just before cremation, my pre-recorded valedictory address and last will and testament.

There will be an open bar and a buffet will be laid out, too. Piped in music featuring my favorite songs will played. On the way to Mt. Pulag, Enya and Gregorian Masters of Chant selections and Elton John's Funeral for a Friend will be drifting in the air and as my ashes will be scattered, Ang Grupong Pendong's Prelude To A New Morning will put me to my final rest.

Flowers are for the living, not for the dead. But, I won't mind white roses, tulips and calla lillies.

Dress code will be "come as you are."

No comments: